[ZDP] Submitting Itamar's draft

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Mon, 08 May 2000 19:26:50 +0200

Hi Tom !

Tom Deprez wrote:

> Mmm, I was trying to add a DraftSubmissionfolder in the Backup Directory,
> but it looks like Zope is in an endless loop, ie. it never adds the folder,
> it keeps trying.

I have tried it and it worked fine. Can you reproduce this ?

I think we should make a Howto Folder ZClass and Howto ZClass
and put the Draft in an DraftsSubmissionFolder. I am not sure whether
it is a good idea to put Drafts inside the Meta-Hierarchy.

Isn't this someting that could be added to ZBook as a Draft ? Then
it would show up in the Administrators Portal by a ZCatalog search
on the Subject, Topic and Community. This is how the Portals work
anyway, so I see no need to put the documents right in there.

Another reason is that the Meta Hierarchy is really dynamic and may
change really often. For example splitting the Administrators
into separate Groups would be easier if we would not have to worry
about the documents inside as well.

I think to separate concerns it is best to put all documents in
the document hierarchy, and let the portals include what they need
dynamically.

Greetings,

Maik Röder