[ZDP] CSS

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 09 May 2000 09:49:20 +0100

Tom Deprez wrote:
> experiences with it. I haven't, as you could see with the IE problem :-). I
> still think it is a bug in IE. Ever set a margin and then used this style
> in a table?

It more than likely is a bug, check that URL I posted a minute a go. It
takes ages to download but it's worth it for the information :-)

> So, let the CCS gurus begin! And inform us how we must handle the code in
> the future.

Cautiously...

CSS implementation in browsers _is_ buggy, especially the 'interesting'
things like margins. I would suggest only using it for things like
fonts, font colours, text decoration, etc...

For background colours and layout, stick to tables as much as possible.

And finally, the only way to really test it is to check it with loads of
different browsers. Make sure it looks great in the broswers you target
and at least OK in the others...

Like I said, I'll be more than happy to pile in and help when I get some
time :-)

cheers,

Chris

PS: One little tip, while I remember, don't change font point size
unless you really have to.
Rather use H3 to get a smaller header than use H1 with a different point
size, that way it stands a better chance of looking reasonabel on a
version 3 browser...