[ZDP] Submitting Itamar's draft

Tom Deprez tom.deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue, 09 May 2000 11:08:27 +0200

At 19:26 08/05/2000 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi Tom !
>
>Tom Deprez wrote:
>>
>> Mmm, I was trying to add a DraftSubmissionfolder in the Backup Directory,
>> but it looks like Zope is in an endless loop, ie. it never adds the folder,
>> it keeps trying.
>
>I have tried it and it worked fine. Can you reproduce this ?

Yup, still the same effect. Adding a draftsubmissionfolder in the backup
topic of the portal is not possible. At least not from my place.

>I think we should make a Howto Folder ZClass and Howto ZClass
>and put the Draft in an DraftsSubmissionFolder. I am not sure whether
>it is a good idea to put Drafts inside the Meta-Hierarchy.

sorry, can't follow.

>Isn't this someting that could be added to ZBook as a Draft ? Then
>it would show up in the Administrators Portal by a ZCatalog search
>on the Subject, Topic and Community. This is how the Portals work
>anyway, so I see no need to put the documents right in there.

You are mentioning to Itamar's Draft? Yes, it's possible to put it in
ZBook. I was only thinking that everything now had to go into the portal.
But, <gasp> now I understand it fully. The Portal is just a search
function. Not something which actually contains the doc (a hierarchy of
docs) for misinterpreting this stuff.

>Another reason is that the Meta Hierarchy is really dynamic and may
>change really often. For example splitting the Administrators
>into separate Groups would be easier if we would not have to worry
>about the documents inside as well.

Ok.

>I think to separate concerns it is best to put all documents in
>the document hierarchy, and let the portals include what they need
>dynamically.

OK.