[ZDP] Some remarks about the portal design(s)

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Tue, 09 May 2000 20:52:55 +0200

Hi Tom !

Tom Deprez wrote:
> Euhm, that why I said that the home page should always contain 'little'
> links to the projects! Thus a new visitor to Zope will almost not notice
> these 'little' links. He/She will only be attracted to the portal! More
> advance users, can use the 'little' links to go to the specific project. OK?

Projects are only important for ZDP members, and should therefore
be covered in the Member portal only. Maybe we can use shortcuts
to the Projects, but I don't see that as important.

Once we have a login mechanism, people will be able to go to their
personalized pages, and will see what they are interested in, perhaps
including the ZDP projects.

We can keep the links to the projects. Maybe they can show
people what projects are specifically going on concerning the ZDP,
which may be a good thing anyway, and it is also nice to have
a shortcut to the projects as well.

Best regards,

Maik Röder

--
Open Source is "about being able to work together with people you've
never  met, on projects that  are in  a constant state  of flux,  on