[ZDP] Itamar's Draft

Tom Deprez tom.deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed, 10 May 2000 10:43:19 +0200

>We should go sure that this information will be see in the Administrators
>Portal.
>
>I would want the document to show up here:
>
>-> Portal: Aministrators -> Subject: Basic Administration
>
>Create a link to this howto as Itamar has got it on Zope.org as
>I guess.
>
>Subject: Basic Administration
>Community: Administrators
>
>The important thing to note here is that everything needs to be published
>_via_ ZDP, but this does not mean that every must be published _on_ the
>ZDP site itself ! if you want to do this for someone else, this is too much
>work. We need the people to join ZDP and then manage their content
themselves.
>I really appreciate Itamar giving the document to us, because it allows us to
>at lease link to it and to assign some meta tags, which is not hard to
>do. It is much harder to change the FAQ a lot !

Nope, Itamar hasn't written a HowTO of this for zope.org. He posted it
directly to ZDP so that it could be placed on ZDP. He would do it himself,
but he didn't because he wasn't sure how to do it. That's why he posted it
on the ZDP-list. And since no one else put it on the ZDP, I wanted to do it
myself. I UNDERSTAND that not all documentation will be on ZDP, but if
people contribute and don't know how to put it on ZDP, is this then a
reason not to put it on the ZDP? Do you think they ever want to write some
documentation? And isn't this the first thing ZDP wants to do? Offer all
sorts of documentation and links to documentation? I'm sorry if I sound
annoyed here, it is really not the intention. I only don't want that
contributions to ZDP are wasted.

Tom.