[ZDP] Itamar's Draft

Tom Deprez tom.deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed, 10 May 2000 13:20:15 +0200

>Being short and like a recipe is not something that directly qualifies
>for a FAQ. It could also be contained in a HowTo.

OK

>> Of course you could also post this draft to ZBook, in the hope that
>> somebody writes some text around it.
>
>Then it is in the middle between a chapter and a FAQ entry. I would say
>it is a HowTo for Adminitrators that contains some basic rules. Therefore,
>we would need a HowTo ZClass.

OK

>> But the person who can do this, can also easely search all
>> FAQ's before he writes the document.
>
>The difference is that right now, although the document is not
>written in full prose, at least it _collects_ all that is important
>around a Topic !

Correct

>I think we need to make a strong difference between _frequently_ asked
>questions and answers to _a_ question that may come up.
>
>In my opinion to warrant a frequently asked question, well, it has
>to come up multiple times on the mailing list or it has to be asked
>frequently in the New Portal under a Subject and Topic. That's why
>I am going to allow Visitors to also add Questions in a Topic.

Correct. So I only have to write a draft on how to add questions to a topic.

>Yes, this is what will be done with the already existing Drafts. This
>is ok for members.

OK.

>Visitors will not be able to submit Drafts to ZBook, because this is
>too complicated. People also shy away from doing so because it means
>that the Draft has to fit in there. It is my intention to give people
>who can submit drafts to have a place where they can quickly
>post their drafts, and be sure they get some feedback from people
>who are interested in the same Subject and Topic. Then we can suggest
>the people to write a Chapter of the ZBook or integrate stuff into it.

Ok. So, ZDP will allow to add questions and drafts by visitors. Where can
they add these question and drafts as visitor? In which folder, ...? As
soon as I have this information, I'll write a guideline on this.

Can I assume this?:  A visitor searches for a spesific topic through the
Portal. It doesn't find the information he needs. There is a link to a form
which allows him to put a question on this. The question is added into a
certain folder specific for asked questions. Now contributers, visitors can
look at the question and write a draft? (a look at www.experts-exchange.com
would give great information for implementation into Zope, yes, I know,
sorry that I again refer to this link. But it is the ideal site and tool to
do such things. Please, have a look, all of you)

A visitor wants to add a draft. What does he has to do now? Where can he go
to to add the draft?

Tom.