[ZDP] How to add content to the ZDP

Maik Roeder mroe@axion-gmbh.de
Wed, 10 May 2000 18:37:29 +0100

Hi Tom !

> >In my opinion to warrant a frequently asked question, well, it has
> >to come up multiple times on the mailing list or it has to be asked
> >frequently in the New Portal under a Subject and Topic. That's why
> >I am going to allow Visitors to also add Questions in a Topic.
>
> Correct. So I only have to write a draft on how to add questions to a > topic.

We need the following tutorials:

ZDP-Members:
   How to add a Chapter to ZBook, and what Style you must conform to
   How to announce News on ZDP, the mailing lists and Zope.org
   How to host Discussions in DiscussionFolders as a Moderator
   How to add new Users to ZDP and give Roles to them
   How to add PortalFolders for multiple Communities
   How to add Portals for a certain Community
   How to add Subjects to an existing Portal
   How to add Topics to a Subject
   How to add a LinkFolder to your member folder for a Subject
   How to add Links to your LinkFolder for a Topic
   How to add a SnippetFolder to your Member Folder for a Subject
   How to add Snippets your SnippetFolder for a Topic
   How to add a FAQ to your member folder for a Subject
   How to add Questions to your FAQ for a Topic
   How to add Answers to your Questions
   How to add CommentFolders to your member folder for a Subject
   How to add Comments to your member Folder  for a Topic
   How to add a HowtoFolder to your member folder for a Subject
   How to add a Howto to your Howto Folder for a Topic

Visitors:
   How to add Links to a Topic (and implicitely to a Subject)
   How to add Snippets to a Topic (and implicitely to a Subject)
   How to add Questions to a Topic (and implicitely to a Subject)
   How to add Answers to a Topic (and implicitely to a Subject)
   How to add Discussions to a Topic (and implicitely to a Subject)
   How to add Comments to a Topic (and implicitely to a Subject)

Topic Moderators:
   How to moderate a Topic

Product Developers:
   How to add ProductDocumentationFolders
   (How to add a Product Fact Sheet - To be done)
   How to add ZClassDocumentationClasses

Project Managers
   How to add Projects to your Member Folder
   How to add Processes to your Projects
   How to add Phases to your Processes
   How to add TaskFolders to your Phases
   How to add Tasks to your TaskFolders

> >Visitors will not be able to submit Drafts to ZBook, because this is
> >too complicated. People also shy away from doing so because it means
> >that the Draft has to fit in there. It is my intention to give people
> >who can submit drafts to have a place where they can quickly
> >post their drafts, and be sure they get some feedback from people
> >who are interested in the same Subject and Topic. Then we can suggest
> >the people to write a Chapter of the ZBook or integrate stuff into it.
>
> Ok. So, ZDP will allow to add questions and drafts by visitors. Where can
> they add these question and drafts as visitor? In which folder, ...? As
> soon as I have this information, I'll write a guideline on this.

In the Topics.

> Can I assume this?:  A visitor searches for a spesific topic through the
> Portal. It doesn't find the information he needs. There is a link to a form
> which allows him to put a question on this. The question is added into a
> certain folder specific for asked questions.

The question is added to the Topic.

> Now contributers, visitors can look at the question and write a draft?

Yes. you can sum up a whole discussion using the links, comments,
drafts and so on by the other people.

> (a look at www.experts-exchange.com would give great information for
> implementation into Zope

They are only providing Portals, Subjects and Topics, but information
is stored nowhere, so the same discussions will come up on and on.
At the ZDP site, members collect only the finest content, and integrate
it in quality information. This allows for constant peer review.

>, yes, I know, sorry that I again refer to this
> link. But it is the ideal site and tool to do such things.

No. I think expert-exchange has too much short-term information.

> A visitor wants to add a draft. What does he has to do now? Where can he go
> to to add the draft?

He goes to the Topic.

Greetings,

Maik Röder