[ZDP] possibilities for members

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Sat, 13 May 2000 12:48:59 +0200

Hi Christian !

Christian Scholz wrote:

> This is simply a collection of advantages users
> might have when being registered and not seen as
> anonymous users:

Well, right now we only have a Manager role, which
allows you to everything you want.

> - over time you might get more right to change things
>   or you will not need some review before publishing

Roles are still a Task.

> - you might define what interests you most (select a
>   portal and/or give some keywords) and you might get
>   a sorted What's New list or an email when something
>   has changed you're interested in.

Notification is not automatized yet. This is also a Task.

> - If we would have searchable mailinglists in Zope the
>   user might define search terms and store them. Thus he
>   can quickly do search again or get informed when new
>   stuff fulfilling the prefs are added.

This is a special case of notification.

>   Also there could be a mailinglist interface which is
>   automatically sorted by weight defined by his keywords.

I don't see how such an interface could be done.

> - Users might be redirected to their actual workspace if
>   they want to (e.g. if they're working on it).

Well, how should this work ?

> - You don't need to give your email all the time when
>   adding stuff.

Right.

> - People can easily see what you have added if we provide
>   a page for doing so ;-)

This is already possible on the member page.

> - users might define which layout they prefer (e.g. which style
>   sheet, even if they simply define different font sizes.)

Personalization should be a Task.

> I bet there are more ;-)

I guess we should add some Tasks and sort them by Priority.

http://zdp.zope.org/projects/zdptools/tasks

> (Setting aside that you might have a stronger relationship to the
> site with it. Even as the ZDP is no commercial site this might be
> important as we want something from our members: INFORMATION :)

I guess we don't directly want something from the members.
The ZDP site is especially for people who want to share information
with other people, and this can be done in the easiest fashion by
becoming a member.

> And as said before also this is not of high priority and should be
> added when the main things are working and sorted out.. But if we
> want to implement it we can keep it in mind while working on the rest
> to make it easier to plug it in later..

Right.

Greetings,

Maik Röder