[ZDP] possibilities for members

Christian Scholz cs@comlounge.net
Sat, 13 May 2000 19:02:18 +0200

Hi!

> >   Also there could be a mailinglist interface which is
> >   automatically sorted by weight defined by his keywords.
>
> I don't see how such an interface could be done.

Well, I have some ideas.. :)
I wanna test this tomorrow (storing everything in a database
and do ranked searchs upon it. Similar to udmsearch)

> > - Users might be redirected to their actual workspace if
> >   they want to (e.g. if they're working on it).
>
> Well, how should this work ?

The user might define some workspaces he always uses (or there
might be a link inside a portal when logged in that allows to mark
this workspace as default workspace). When logging in the user
will automatically be redirected to it..

Actually this was just an idea, don't know if it's needed ;-)

> > - People can easily see what you have added if we provide
> >   a page for doing so ;-)
>
> This is already possible on the member page.

Yes, but not for anonymous members.. Thus when these users
are integrated in the existing user management thus functionality
will already be there..

> > (Setting aside that you might have a stronger relationship to the
> > site with it. Even as the ZDP is no commercial site this might be
> > important as we want something from our members: INFORMATION :)
>
> I guess we don't directly want something from the members.
> The ZDP site is especially for people who want to share information
> with other people, and this can be done in the easiest fashion by
> becoming a member.

Right. And becoming a member is such a relationship .. ;)

cheers,
  Christian