[ZDP] Documentation in text form?

jiva@devware.com jiva@devware.com
Wed, 24 May 2000 13:23:00 -0700

Cool, I am currently writing a python script to pull down all the
how-tos link by link so I can do something useful with them.  It's
almost done.

I don't know what algorithm the searches you are using use, but there
are SO many times that I type something in that I KNOW is out there,
and I get NO results back.  Even when I *get* results back, all I get
is some funky URL that says NOTHING about the content of the data I
have gotten.  This is especially useless if there's like 100 or so
hits from the search.  What am I to do?  Click through them all to
read and find out if they are what I want?  The results need either a
summary or at least a title of the document.  This should be a trivial
thing to do.

As far as clicking through too many links, well, I think your concept
of having the yahoo-like interface is very neat, except that it takes
4-5 clicks to get to anything useful, and when you do, it's more of
those darn URLs, which again, are totally useless.  The links need to
have titles and summaries, and it needs to show the information as
soon as possible.  Do you understand what I mean?

Jiva

--
The SAME WAVE keeps coming in and COLLAPSING like a rayon MUU-MUU ...