[ZDP] Documentation in text form?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 24 May 2000 21:55:23 +0100

jiva@devware.com wrote:
> I think this may be the core of the problem.  I've never seen a
> zcatalog search that was worth crap.  Maybe I don't know how to phrase
> my queries, but my hope is, I type in a string, and if it appears
> anywhere in any of the documents, they'll appear.  Unfortunately, it
> doesn't work this way.

I gotta agree with this.

I know Michel isn't going to like it, but until ZCatalog has a query
language rather than just ANDing all the search terms together it does
indeed suck...

Maik,

To get round this for now, create a new Text Index, textToSearch.

This should be stocked by a textToSearch *method* that returns the
concatenation of ALL the other searchable fields. This would give what
Jiva is looking for and would indeed be very useful...

cheers,

Chris