[ZDP] Re: Editing

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 09:56:56 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Kamon Ayeva wrote:

> Hi all,

He did.

> I already sent Chapter 1 that Will edited and uploaded (Installation.stx or
> Installing.stx). Will and I will continue working on it and I hope we reach
> a good first draft in 2 weeks maximum. I also started working on the 2nd
> chapter and I will try to also have it readable for the same time. So Tom,
> you will be able to start reviewing the first chapters shortly.
>
> I hope the book will eventually be published. The GNU license seems good but
> does publishers generally like it ?

I would guess not, and I can't guarantee my employers will
like it either.  I'm for the OPL, it's short and simple, and doesn't try
to make a political statement.  The GFDL is long and complex; possibly
hard for non-english speakers to understand.  Does it have any of the
"viral" nature that the GPL is generally considered to have?

-Michel