[ZDP] ZAG license [was: Re: Editing]

Tom Deprez Tom Deprez" <tom.deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 15:40:10 +0200

> As I said, I do not wish to start a "I love GPL/I hate GPL"-type of
> argument; I am merely interested that the license applied to the ZAG not
> only preserves rights of the copyright holders, but also the "freedom to
> copy and redistribute it, with or without modifying it, either
> commercially or noncommercially."  To my reading of it, the OPL does not
> guarantee this important right.

Doesn't this section of the OPL :

The Open Publication works may be reproduced and distributed in whole or in
part, in any medium physical or electronic, provided that the terms of this
license are adhered to, and that this license or an incorporation of it by
reference (with any options elected by the author(s) and/or publisher) is
displayed in the reproduction.

says that you may copy and redistributed freely?  The OPL allows you to add
options by which people who want to distribute it on a high scale must first
ask this on the copyright holders (ie the author). So, if the copyright
holders don't add this, then everybody can copy and redistribute the
document freely (when it is conform to the license of course).

Tom.