[ZDP] pdf-file viewing

Christian Theune ct@gocept.com
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 11:35:37 +0200

--bKyqfOwhbdpXa4YI

Hi.

First, this posting would be more appropriate (and find a broader
audience) on zope@zope.org.

* Dr. F. Tr??ster <troester@fh-heilbronn.de> [020821 11:30]:
> Hi,
> =20
> with the code
> =20
> <dtml-var standard_html_body_header>
> <dtml-with Dokumente>=20
>  <dtml-var Studienordnung>
> </dtml-with>
> <dtml-var standard_html_body_footer>
> =20
> I want to execute dhe acrobat reader to show the content of the file
> object "Studienordnung" in the folder "Dokumente".
> But I get only the inner text of the pdf-file=B4without executing the
> acrobat reader.
> what`s wrong?=20

You mixed up the "compentencies" of Zope and the Browser. If you want
the browser to display a pdf file by opening the acrobat reader, you
will have to send the file as a file, not try to call it in zope. An
example is to put up the file, set the content type to application/pdf
and then "send" it, by providing a link to it, like

    http://zope.server/myPdfFileObject

If your browser is configured properly, this should raise an Acrobat
Reader on your system.

Hope to have helped you, otherwise visit zope@zope.org=20

Cheers
Christian

--=20
Christian Theune - ct@gocept.com
gocept gmbh & co.kg - schalaunische strasse 6 - 06366 koethen/anhalt
tel.+49 3641 511586 - fax.+49 3496 3099118 mob. - +49 179 7808366

reduce(lambda x,y:x+y,[chr(ord(x)^42) for x in 'zS^BED\nX_FOY\x0b'])

--bKyqfOwhbdpXa4YI

--bKyqfOwhbdpXa4YI--