[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Extending Zope

nobody@nowhere.com nobody@nowhere.com
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 20:00:29 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/CustomZopeObjects.stx#3-78

---------------

      This view shows you what permissions your ZClass uses and lets you
      choose additional permissions to use.  On the right is a list of all
      of the default Zope permissions your ZClass inherits automatically.
      On the left is a multiple select box where you can add new
      permissions to your class.  Select the *Edit Zoo Exhibits* permission
      in this box and click *Save Changes*.  This tells your ZClass that it is
      interested in this permission as well as the permissions on the right.

        % Anonymous User - May 8, 2002 1:55 pm:
         I cant seem to find the "Edit Zoo Exhibits" permission?? Am I crazy? dTb

        % Anonymous User - Aug. 26, 2002 8:00 pm:
         You could go crazy trying to find it. You must name the Permission you create in the previous step. It
         appears the Name field on the Permission object is used in this select list. Title is not used. If you do not
         enter a Name, the new permission appears as a blank line at the top of the select list. -ASD