[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Variables and Advanced DTML

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Sun, 01 Dec 2002 18:53:58 -0500

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/AdvDTML.stx#2-22

---------------

    The client object is the first object on the top of the DTML namespace
    stack.  What the client object is depends on whether or not you are
    executing a DTML Method or a DTML Document.  In our example above, this
    means that the client object is named *zooName*.  Which is why it
    breaks.  The form input that we really wanted comes from the web
    request, but the client is looked at first.

      % Anonymous User - Sep. 24, 2002 12:45 pm:
       The client object is the first object on the top of the DTML namespace stack.
       Nope.
       The client object is topmost only as long as nothing else is pushed onto the namespace stack. The namespace
       stack may grow and shrink during processing of a request.

      % charlesz - Dec. 1, 2002 6:53 pm:
       "whether or not you are executing a DTML Method or a DTML Document" is just a little ambiguous. Does it mean
       "whether your are executing a DTML Metod or DTML Document"?