[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Using Basic Zope Objects

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Thu, 05 Dec 2002 14:47:13 -0500

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/BasicObject.stx#2-113

---------------

    Zope comes with three objects that help you do virtual hosting,
    *SiteRoot*, *Set Access Rule*, and *Virtual Host Monster*. Virtual
    hosting is a way to serve many web sites with one Zope
    server. Virtual hosting is an advanced administration function,
    that is beyond the scope of this book. See the "Zope
    Administrator's Guide":http://www.zope.org/DocProjects/AdminGuide
    for more information on virtual hosting.

      % Anonymous User - July 14, 2002 3:54 pm:
       I wouldn't say that all virtual hosting is outside the scope of this book and leave it at that... I spend a
       long time trying to figure out how to install Zope and leave all the default stuff up to learn on while still
       making an active site on port 80(or whatever port). Also how to set up the site on port 80 and the management
       stuff on another port for firewall reasons (firewalls are like condoms - you should recommend them as part of
       zope setup and show a bit of howto or simple configuration suggestions). This should either be standard a
       install option or in the first couple of chapters of this document since I think it would be pretty standard
       stuff. It should be in the 'using Zope' section, and most of that section should be in an 'Installing Zope'
       section.

      % Anonymous User - Dec. 5, 2002 2:47 pm:
       There is a section on virtual hosting in the 2.6 Zope Book
       (http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition)