[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Preface

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Mon, 09 Dec 2002 04:29:09 -0500

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/Preface.stx#3-12

---------------

      These chapters get the reader up and running with Zope. You
      learn about basic Zope objects and idioms.

        % Anonymous User - June 26, 2002 5:57 am:
         Can't we find these pleasant explanations in French ?

        % Anonymous User - July 1, 2002 4:17 am:
         And in italian too....

        % Anonymous User - July 10, 2002 8:20 am:
         Maybe dutch?

        % Chris McDonough - July 10, 2002, 10:13 am:
         I'm afraid I'm the only editor of the Zope Book at this time,
         and I'm a dumb monolinguistic American.  If someone else wants to help
         out with translations, it'd be welcomed.

        % Anonymous User - July 10, 2002 3:58 pm:
         Why not use babelfish? It may be semi-lame, but better than nada:)

        % Anonymous User - July 12, 2002 9:01 am:
         If you use something like Babelfish, which is nor will ever be able to capture phrazes or context, you should
         skip the idea. To do give an example, if I'd sa in german "Ich wünschte mir, es gäbe diese Dokumentation auch
         auf Deutsch", which means "I'd like to see these docs in german." it would spit out some words liek "I did
         wish myself, it exists those docs also of german." To say so, babelfish and other automatic translators are
         still not safe top be used but rather toys, so don't play when you want to get people to use your app. Since
         you play around with the docs like a fool you'd probably do the same in your app, so you'd be the playing kid
         and not trustworthy.
         I am sorry that I cannot help you with the translation as I am new to zope and
         new to python and still trying to translate the other big P's translation :-)

         "There is nothing that can parse human language but a human." Ok , Damian said it a bit different but you get
         the idea ;-)

        % Anonymous User - Dec. 9, 2002 4:29 am:
         I simply don't understand what u r saying.... :-(