[ZDP] Welcome to the Zope Tutorial

Ken Clark k_kenneth_clark@hotmail.com
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 10:53:14 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0065_01C29F71.2CAC37C0

Alright, it's proven - I'm a clueless newbie!  Here are your =
instructions with my comments:

Before you can begin the tutorial you must install the tutorial =
examples.=20

  1.. Go to the Zope management screen and choose Zope Tutorial from the =
"Select type to add..." list.

  I did that, ie. I went to http://172.22.33.81:9673/manage which is my =
Lindows box that I downloaded zope-zwiki to. I clicked the "down =
triangle" between the "Select type to add" and the "Add" boxes, and =
dragged the elevator down to the bottom of the list, and clicked on =
"Zope Tutorial".

  Before I could click on "Add", I was taken to a screen that I take to =
be that of the next step. (Why tell me to click "Add"?)

  2.. Choose an id for the tutorial and click the Add button.

  HOLD ON! What is a valid ID? I have tried my Zope user name, names =
like "Elvis", and "tutorial". I have left it blank, I tried "1", "me", =
"Zope", "zope", etc. ad nauseum.

  3.. Now you should be taken to the tutorial.

  Sorry for the bluntness, but this hasn't happened. Instead, for every =
attempt I made, I got this drivel:

-------

=20

Zope Error

Error Type: EmergencyUserCannotOwn
Error Value: Objects cannot be owned by the emergency user

-------

Troubleshooting Suggestions

  a.. The URL may be incorrect.=20
  b.. The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.=20
  c.. A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an =
error.=20
For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the HTML =
source for this page.=20

If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you for =
your patience.=20

-------

 PLEASE tell me what to do here!

-Ken

------=_NextPart_000_0065_01C29F71.2CAC37C0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<P>Alright, it's proven - I'm a clueless newbie!&nbsp; Here are your=20
instructions with my comments:
<P>Before you can begin the tutorial you must install the tutorial =
examples.=20
<OL>
  <LI>
  <P>Go to the Zope management screen and choose <CODE>Zope =
Tutorial</CODE> from=20
  the "Select type to add..." list.<BR><BR>I did that, ie. I went to <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://172.22.33.81:9673/manage">http://172.22.33.81:9673/manage<=
/A>&nbsp;which=20
  is my Lindows box that I downloaded zope-zwiki to. I clicked the "down =

  triangle" between the "Select type to add" and the&nbsp;"Add" boxes, =
and=20
  dragged the elevator down to the bottom of the list, and clicked on =
"Zope=20
  Tutorial".<BR><BR>Before I could click on "Add", I was taken to a =
screen that=20
  I take to be that of the next step. (Why tell me to click "Add"?)</P>
  <LI>
  <P>Choose an id for the tutorial and click the <CODE>Add</CODE>=20
  button.<BR><BR>HOLD ON! What is a valid ID? I have tried my Zope user =
name,=20
  names like "Elvis", and "tutorial". I have left it blank, I tried "1", =
"me",=20
  "Zope", "zope", etc. ad nauseum.</P>
  <LI>
  <P>Now you should be taken to the tutorial.<BR><BR>Sorry for the =
bluntness,=20
  but this hasn't happened. Instead, for every attempt I made, I got =
this=20
  drivel:</P></LI></OL>
<P></P>
<HR>

<P> </P></FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<H2>Zope Error</H2>
<P>Zope has encountered an error while publishing this resource.</P>
<P><STRONG>Error Type: EmergencyUserCannotOwn</STRONG><BR><STRONG>Error =
Value:=20
Objects cannot be owned by the emergency user</STRONG><BR></P>
<HR noShade>

<P>Troubleshooting Suggestions</P>
<UL>
  <LI>The URL may be incorrect.=20
  <LI>The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.=20
  <LI>A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an =
error.=20
</LI></UL>
<P>For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the =
HTML=20
source for this page. </P>
<P>If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you =
for your=20
patience. </P>
<HR>

<P>&nbsp;PLEASE tell me what to do here!</P>
<P>-Ken</P></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0065_01C29F71.2CAC37C0--