[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Advanced Page Templates

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 03:37:17 -0500

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/AdvZPT.stx#1-0

     <metal:block...>.

     > In the page template portal_skins/zpt_generic/main_template the following
     > statement seems to be an error.
     >
     >     <metal:block define-slot="base" />
     >
     > I found no reference to a <metal> in the current METAL or TAL specification.

     The element is actually in the METAL namespace;  that is, its name
     really is '<metal:block>', not '<metal>'.  It exists for the relatively
     rare case when macro expansion needs to be able to insert a slot into
     the middle of another element, and can't be attached to any other
     (legal) element (for instance, '<div>' is illegal inside the '<head>'
     element).

    % Anonymous User - Oct. 3, 2002 8:19 pm:
     Please include examples of templates working with
     External Methods and Python Scripts.  Include an example
     External Method and Python Script for each and how to
     pass values in both directions.

    % acgetchell - Dec. 12, 2002 3:37 am:
     Reiterate that: I'd like to see an example of calling a Python Script using TAL. I have a known-good Python
     script that does connects to a server for kerberos authentication, that works fine using DTML. I'm using
     Plone, so I need to make it work in TAL on the index_html Page Template.
     No luck with mailing lists so far ...