[ZDP] discusison, editing: Zope Book (ZDP)

Tom Deprez Tom Deprez" <tom.deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 18:02:46 +0100

Hi Adam,

> i have spoken with maik regarding how i could be of assistance to the
> zdp, and his first suggestion, given my interests/qualifications, was to
> look into the Zope Book (ZDP).
>
> any author of material therein should feel free to respond to these:
>
> 1.  what is the goal of this Zope Book?  what is your target audience?
>  i see in your statement that it is meant for "beginners as well as ...
> advanced users."  i see little beginner-level material, though.  perhaps
> we just have different ideas of what a "beginner" is.

I think I can answer on these points, because I was the one who started on
this project.
The goal of the ZDP Zope Book was to provide an easy readable book (and
free), which combined all the loose available information.
At that moment, there was not much information available for Zope. Some
loose How-to's, that was all. Even no Book.
However, now, there are a lot of Zope books, some for free and some to pay
for. So, I'm not sure if the Zope Book is still needed.

> 2.  what is the status, in your minds, of what is currently posted?
>  where is it going in the near future?  who is currently preparing
> additions, and what are they (i.e. chapter, etc. etc.)?

To tell you the thruth, I haven't worked on it for 1 or 2 years? So, the
current information is certainly not up-to-date.
I'm not sure if others still contribute, but I guess not.
If there are still some people interested in the book, then perhaps we can
pump new life in it, but know that there are already lot's of good zope
books around.

Regards,
Tom.