[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Creating Basic Zope Applications

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 01:53:29 -0500

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/SimpleExamples.stx#3-79

---------------

      The whole point of generating XML is producing data in a format
      that can be understood by other systems. Therefore you will
      probably want to create XML in an existing format understood by
      the systems you want to communicate with.  In the case of the
      guest book a reasonable format may be the RSS (Rich Site Summary) XML
      format. RSS is a format developed by Netscape for its
      *my.netscape.com* site, which has since gained popularity among
      other web logs and news sites.  The Zope.org web site uses DTML to
      build a dynamic RSS document.

        % Saman - Nov. 16, 2002 1:53 am:
         could someone please explain that last sentence to me ,I cannot picture the idea
         thank you