[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Using Zope Page Templates

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Wed, 02 Oct 2002 07:39:34 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/ZPT.stx#2-78

---------------

    In later versions of Zope you'll probably be able to create Page
    Templates without using the Zope Management Interface.

      % BubbaFett - May 23, 2002 4:56 pm:
       I can reach source.html with a web browser, but not with WebDAV or ftp. FTP seems to get the source
       correctly. With WebDAV, apparently you need to enable a WebDAV source port and use it instead of your http
       port.

      % Anonymous User - June 4, 2002 9:12 am:
       2.Retrieve the file using the URL of you page template plus /source.html or /source.xml. This gives you the
       source
            of your Page Template.

       "...URL of you ..." should be URL of your ..."

      % Anonymous User - Oct. 2, 2002 7:39 am:
       To read the templates and not the modified HTML, use a WebDAV port. The trick is to set the "-W 9800" flag in
       the start.bat file and then use http://localhost:9800/<file> as URL. This is explained in
       http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zpt/2001-August/001892.html
       I've tried it, and I can now read template files into Mozilla, Frontpage, DreamWeaver without using the
       "/source.html"-extension (which is not accepted by the w2k "open-file" browser).