[ZDP] BackTalk to Document Zope Developer's Guide (2.4 edition)/Object Publishing

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Tue, 08 Oct 2002 21:35:14 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZDG/current/ObjectPublishing.stx#3-26

      Mixing acquisition and traversal can get complex. Consider the
      URL */fruit/apple/orange/strawberry/banana*. This URL is
      functional but confusing. Here's an even more perverse but legal
      URL */fruit/apple/orange/orange/apple/apple/banana*.

        % Anonymous User - Sep. 30, 2002 8:05 am:
         Would be <b>/fruit/apple/banana/orange/strawberry illegal</b>?

        % Anonymous User - Oct. 8, 2002 9:35 pm:
         I think so. Someone more experienced, please confirm. (I have not yet read the chapter on acquisition).