[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Users and Security

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Wed, 09 Oct 2002 01:39:53 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/Security.stx#3-0

---------------

      As we saw in Chapter 2, "Using Zope" you log into Zope by going
      to a management URL in your web browser and entering your
      username and password. We also pointed out in Chapter 2, "Using
      Zope" that because of how most web browsers work, you must quit
      your browser to log out of Zope.

        % Anonymous User - Apr. 15, 2002 9:53 am:
         Where can one find out about "hacks" for using the browser and logging out?

        % Anonymous User - Oct. 9, 2002 1:39 am:
         Is there a way to force the management interface to use TLS/SSL? (Especially for logins.)
         This is potentially a HUGE security risk.