[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Users and Security

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 22:53:10 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/Security.stx#3-27

---------------

      Zope can contain multiple user folders at different locations in
      the object hierarchy. A Zope user cannot access resources above
      the user folder they are defined in. Where your user account is
      defined determines what Zope resources you can access.

        % Anonymous User - July 31, 2002 1:56 pm:
         "A Zope user cannot access resources above the user folder they are defined in."

         Does this mean that the user cannot access an html page that is put above the user folder? This html page
         needs authorization to view.
         What types of resources are we talking about here?

        % Anonymous User - Oct. 13, 2002 10:53 pm:
         I certainly could be wrong, but my understanding is that users cannot access <b>any</b> resources --
         incluidng HTML/DTML files -- that are placed above the level at which they are defined. All of my experiments
         so far confirm that belief.