[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Extending Zope

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 17:41:09 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/CustomZopeObjects.stx#2-78

---------------

    Don't forget that when you distribute your Product you'll also
    need to include any files such as External Method files and Python
    base classes that your class relies on. This requirement makes
    distribution more difficult and for this reason folks sometimes
    try to avoid relying on Python files when creating through the web
    Products for distribution.

      % Anonymous User - July 22, 2002 7:56 pm:
       Also, when you distribute your product, maybe you could include some instructions on how to import / install
       it!

      % Anonymous User - Oct. 15, 2002 5:41 pm:
       How can I insert an instance of my Zclass from a python script?
       if it where a DTML Method I would use _addDTMLMethod(id,title)