[ZDP] BackTalk to Document Zope Developer's Guide (2.4 edition)/Zope Products

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 09:47:31 -0500

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZDG/current/Products.stx#2-2

    In comparison to through the web products, filesystem products
    require more overhead to build, but offer more power and
    flexibility, and they can be developed with familiar tools such as
    Emacs and CVS.

      % to_be - Oct. 31, 2002 9:47 am:
       Newbies should be warned that web products might not run in the next Zope version. I just tried to import our
       product (developed using v2.5.1) in Zope 2.6.0, and it didn't work. I tried to re-implement it, and it didn't
       work because of a bug with nested ZClasses.