[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Using Basic Zope Objects

nobody@nowhere.com nobody@nowhere.com
Sun, 08 Sep 2002 17:29:37 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/BasicObject.stx#3-44

---------------

      This view shows a text area in which you can edit the content of
      your document.  If you click the *Change* button you make
      effective any changes you have made in the text area.  You can
      control the size of the text area with the *Taller*, *Shorter*,
      *Wider*, and *Narrower* buttons.  You can also upload a new file
      into the document with a the *File* text box and the *Upload File*
      button.

        % Anonymous User - Apr. 23, 2002 3:27 am:
         Change button --> Save Changes button

        % Anonymous User - May 21, 2002 11:50 am:
         well, at this point i can suppose that we have understand. If we don't see a "Change" button, may be we have
         to look at a strange-called "Save Changes" button. Don't seem to be so hard..!!

        % Anonymous User - June 12, 2002 10:52 pm:
         I think Zope is a very good development environment

        % Anonymous User - June 28, 2002 11:13 am:
         Would you please stop berating people who point out small mistakes in the documentation? For a novice user
         who isn't 100% au fait with the web it can be utterly bewildering if they're told to look for Button X and
         Button X just doesn't exist. They may assume that they've done something wrong, they're on the wrong screen,
         etc etc etc. Novice users will also quickly lose faith in documentation if the detail is actually wrong.

        % Anonymous User - July 14, 2002 7:13 am:
         Wider and Narrower aren't working on my Netscape 6.2 (on Linux)
         Probably some browser specific code?

        % Anonymous User - Sep. 8, 2002 5:29 pm:
         I agree with the "please stop berating people" person. If nothing else, this book should contain ACCURATE
         how-to steps in using Zope. Changing the button names etc. to reflect the current software should be a high
         priority for the maintainers of this book.
         Many times there are similarly-named functions presented to the user, and without an exact description, the
         user may need to guess between them. This is only bad for the adoption and evaluation of any software.