[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Using Basic Zope Objects

nobody@nowhere.com nobody@nowhere.com
Sun, 08 Sep 2002 17:49:07 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/BasicObject.stx#3-60

---------------

      Here we see that one DTML object, *standard_html_header* is
      being called by the document that contains this code.  In this
      case, the evaluated contents of the first document are
      *inserted* into the contents of this calling document.  This is
      a very fundamental concept in Zope and will be used throughout
      the book.

        % Anonymous User - Sep. 8, 2002 5:49 pm:
         The terminology used is inconsistent and confusing here. If I've figured it out right, this paragraph would
         be much easier to follow if it read something like:
         Here we see that a DTML object, standard_html_header, is being called by the DTML document code (?) above. In
         this case, Zope inserts the evaluated contents of the standard_html_header object into the calling document
         where it reads <dtml-var standard_html_header>. This is a very fundamental concept in Zope and will be used
         throughout the book.
         Since it's "a very fundamental concept", I think it should be spelled out more exactly. There still is some
         vagueness as to what are the DTML object(s) and the DTML document(s).