[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Relational Database Connectivity

nobody@nowhere.com nobody@nowhere.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 06:36:33 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/RelationalDatabases.stx#3-108

---------------

      Most commercial and open source relational databases support
      transactions. If your relational database supports transactions,
      Zope will make sure that they are tied to Zope
      transactions. This ensures data integrity across both Zope and
      your relational database. If either Zope or the relational
      database aborts the transaction, the entire transaction is
      aborted.

        % Anonymous User - June 20, 2002 9:16 pm:
         I cannot find anything in the book relating to the scope of zope transactions other than with regard to site
         changes.
         How does one logically group a set of changes initiated through more than one method/script?

        % Anonymous User - Sep. 10, 2002 6:36 am:
         I agree, the transaction concept regarding Z SQL Methods should be covered more thoroughly.