[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Creating Basic Zope Applications

nobody@nowhere.com nobody@nowhere.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 16:24:34 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/SimpleExamples.stx#3-0

---------------

      The invoices example demonstrates a powerful Zope feature. You
      can call an object on a folder by going to a URL that consists
      of the folder's URL followed by the id of the object. This
      facility is used throughout Zope and is a very general design
      pattern. In fact you are not just restricted to calling objects
      on folders. You'll see later how you can call objects on all
      kinds of Zope objects using the same URL technique.

        % Anonymous User - Sep. 10, 2002 4:24 pm:
         Calling objects ON folders? This strikes me as non-sensical. Do you mean IN folders? I have never heard the
         phrase to call something "on" something else. If this is an advanced programming idea, please explain.
         Also, is object to be synonymous with method here?