[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Using Zope

nobody@nowhere.com nobody@nowhere.com
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 04:58:23 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/UsingZope.stx#2-79

---------------

    To shutdown Zope, click the *Shutdown* button.  Shutting down Zope will
    cause the server to stop handling requests and completely exit from
    memory. You will have to manually start Zope to continue using it. Only
    shutdown Zope if you are finished using it, and have the ability to
    access the server on which Zope is running, so that you can manually
    restart it later.

      % Anonymous User - May 30, 2002 5:44 pm:
       I have installed Zope 2.5 on a WinNT4 and Win2000. On both machines I get the tracebacks further down below.
       Today I downloaded Zope 2.5.1 and installed it on my Laptop with Win2000. The same error appears again. Is it
       only me having this problem? Is this the usual message, when the server shuts down?
       On one hand it says: An error was encountered
       and on the other hand: Zope has exited normally.
       What is true now? If it is a "normal" behaviour - a remark would be fine.

       exceptions.SystemExit

       Zope has exited normally.

       Traceback (innermost last):
         File C:\PROGRA~1\ZOPEWE~1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 150, in publish_module
         File C:\PROGRA~1\ZOPEWE~1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 114, in publish
         File C:\PROGRA~1\ZOPEWE~1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 98, in publish
         File C:\PROGRA~1\ZOPEWE~1\lib\python\ZPublisher\mapply.py, line 88, in mapply
           (Object: manage_shutdown)
         File C:\PROGRA~1\ZOPEWE~1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 39, in call_object
           (Object: manage_shutdown)
         File C:\PROGRA~1\ZOPEWE~1\lib\python\App\ApplicationManager.py, line 342, in manage_shutdown
           (Object: Control_Panel)
       SystemExit: 0

       Troubleshooting Suggestions

       The URL may be incorrect.
       The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
       A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.
       For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the HTML source for this page.

       If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you for your patience.

      % Anonymous User - May 30, 2002 7:29 pm:
       This is normal. Zope exits by raising an exception. This is propagated to the browser. Nothing to be scared
       of. ;-)

      % Anonymous User - May 31, 2002 2:36 am:
       But this behaviour should be pointed out in the text... tracebacks make you feel uncomfortable. Please add a
       sentence or a paragraph on this - it made me so insecure that I installed Zope on three different system.

      % Anonymous User - Aug. 22, 2002 4:23 am:
       I second this

      % Anonymous User - Sep. 12, 2002 4:58 am:
       I third it. So *that* was the problem....