[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Creating Basic Zope Applications

nobody@nowhere.com nobody@nowhere.com
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 03:17:04 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/SimpleExamples.stx#3-18

---------------

      Now, you need to incorporate this method into the site. Let's put
      a reference to it in the *standard_html_header* object so that the
      navigation system is available on every page of the site.  Your
      *standard_html_header* could look like this::

        <head><title><dtml-var title></title></head>
        <dtml-var navigation>

        % Anonymous User - May 29, 2002 2:01 pm:
         <dtml-var navigation>
         i cant get this code to work, should it be <dtml-var index_html>?

        % Anonymous User - May 30, 2002 11:08 am:
         I have the same problem

        % Anonymous User - May 30, 2002 12:50 pm:
         i put it into the index_html file just below the standard header call and it finally worked.

        % Anonymous User - June 14, 2002 10:57 pm:
         standard_html_header is a dtml method. If you copy standard_html_header from the root folder into your
         ZopeZoo folder and modify it, it will work.
         ...Therefore I assume that if you created it as a dtml method (instead of a page template as I initially did)
         that it would work properly.

        % Anonymous User - Sep. 13, 2002 3:17 am:
         Yes, it's not stated explicitly, but you need to make this a DTML method.