[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Using Basic Zope Objects

nobody@nowhere.com nobody@nowhere.com
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 13:34:43 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/BasicObject.stx#2-14

---------------

    In Zope 2.5, a new, powerful type of object was added called *Page
    Templates*.  Page templates allow you to define dynamic
    presentation for a web page by writing an HTML template.  The HTML
    in your template is made dynamic by inserting special XML
    namespace elements to your HTML which define the dynamic behavior
    for that page.

      % Anonymous User - May 22, 2002 4:13 pm:
       Okay, so Page Templates are cool. But at this point in the book, we're creating Page Templates and the DTML
       documents BOTH of which contain only "regular" HTML code. This paragraph/section should compare/contrast Page
       Templates and DTML documents at a high level.

      % Anonymous User - Sep. 8, 2002 5:04 pm:
       Before you go into the step-by-step How To, I'd like to see more interesting benefits Page Templates give
       regarding dynamic content. Something that starts with "Using templates, you'll be able to have on your Web
       site..."

      % hansa - Sep. 20, 2002 1:34 pm:
       In Zope 2.5, the template product is already built-in; before it was separate.