[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Relational Database Connectivity

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 08:09:50 -0400

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/RelationalDatabases.stx#2-4

---------------

    Because Gadfly runs inside Zope, you do not need to specify
    any connection information for Zope to find the database.
    Since all other kinds of databases run externally to Zope, they require
    you to specify how to connect to the database.  This specification,
    called a *connection string*, is different for each kind of database.
    For example, [10-2] shows the PostgreSQL database
    connection add form.

      % Anonymous User - Sep. 23, 2002 8:09 am:
       Hello!

       I have a project with Oracle and Zope.
       I'va installed Oracle on a server and Zope on my computer with Oarcle's adapter

       In order ton connect to Oracle Database, we have to login user and password.
       So, I put it in the connection String, but when I try to connect, it throw me an error:
       Invalid connection string

       But my ODBC works well and user and password are written like this:
        [...]" or enter a Database Connection String 1:
       dbname=MY_DATABASE user=USER_NAME password=MY_PASSWORD

       Please help me to connect to Oracle Database!