[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Variables and Advanced DTML

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Sun, 05 Jan 2003 14:47:55 -0500

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/AdvDTML.stx#2-12

    If Zope gets all the way down to the bottom of the stack and
    can't find what it is looking for, then an error is generated.  For
    example, try looking for the non-existent name, *unicorn*::

      <dtml-var unicorn>

      % Anonymous User - Jan. 5, 2003 2:47 pm:
       Worth mentioning that you are growing your stack up from the bottom. New names are pushed onto the top while
       called routines execute. Later, the names will be popped off the top again, shrinking the stack, later as the
       routine exits.
       (My stacks grow down, from my days assembly programming :) ).