[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Extending Zope

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Tue, 07 Jan 2003 03:54:15 -0500

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/CustomZopeObjects.stx#2-76

---------------

    The next two radio buttons let you select whether or not you want
    others to be able to customize or redistribute your Product.  If you
    want them to be able to customize or redistribute your Product with no
    restrictions, select the *Allow Redistribution* button.  If you want to
    disallow their ability to redistribute your Product, select the
    *Disallow redistribution and allow the user to configure only the
    selected objects:* button.  If you disallow redistribution, you can
    choose on an object by object basis what your users can customize in
    your Product.  If you don't want them to be able to change anything,
    then don't select any of the items in this list.  If you want them to
    be able to change the *ZooExhibit* ZClass, then select only that
    ZClass.  If you want them to be able to change everything (but still
    not be able to redistribute your Product) then select all the objects
    in this list.

      % Anonymous User - June 26, 2002 1:55 pm:
       The redistribution of a Product does not work allways. I can only distribute some of my Products from the
       machine where they was written.
       On a other machine (same Zope/Python version) I can't change and re-redistribute the Product again.

      % Anonymous User - July 17, 2002 3:37 pm:
       I lost my disc - when I tried to import my own product it came as a closed box. I was able modify all the
       product, but I could not redistribute. So, Iīve made all the product again.
       I tried again to distribute and install the product (doublechecking at allowing redistribution), it always
       comes as a closed box - and I canīt redistribute.
       (Zope 2.5.1 (binary release, python 2.1, linux2-x86), python 2.1.3, linux2).

      % Anonymous User - Jan. 7, 2003 3:53 am:
       I have the same problem, I developed a product, then created a distribution making sure I could redistribute
       it and finish it off on another computer and now it is trapped. The error log has a 1 by redistributable so I
       assume this means I should be able to redistribute. This is on Zope ver 2.6.0 becoming a bit of a joke really
       as I have had it in other versions.