[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.5 Edition)/Using Zope

webmaster@zope.org webmaster@zope.org
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 08:10:42 -0500

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/current/UsingZope.stx#2-55

---------------

    To experiment with copy and paste, create a new folder in the root
    folder with an id of *bears*.  Then select *bears* by checking the
    check box just to the left of the folder. Then click the *Cut*
    button. Cut removes the selected objects from the folder and
    places them on a clipboard.  The object will *not*, however,
    disappear from its location until it is pasted somewhere else.

      % Anonymous User - June 24, 2002 9:53 am:
       in my case, the folder wasn't removed from the root folder after using 'cut'. it was just removed from the
       root folder after i had pasted it into the subfolder.
       (IE 5.1 for Mac)

      % Anonymous User - Aug. 8, 2002 10:01 am:
       Can I use a keyboard shortcut like Ctrl-X instead of having to scroll down to the bottom of the screen to
       click on the Cut button?

      % Anonymous User - Jan. 23, 2003 8:10 am:
       It would be helpful if a folder or object that has been "cut" but not yet "pasted" were shown with some kind
       of modified icon. Right now, you click "cut" and it looks as if you've done nothing.