[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.6 Edition)/Using Zope Page Templates

webmaster at zope.org webmaster at zope.org
Tue Nov 4 10:21:31 EST 2003

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/ZPT.stx#2-49

---------------

    First, create a "temporary" mock up of a file library page using
    an HTML "WYSIWYG" ("What You See Is What You Get") editor.
    Macromedia Dreamweaver, Adobe GoLive, and Netscape Composer are
    examples of WYSIWYG tools.  While you are creating the mockup,
    just save it to a file on your hard disk.

      % Anonymous User - Nov. 4, 2003 10:19 am:
       Is this digression into using third party programs necessary at this point. It looks to me like we are trying
       to learn something about TAL.
       Is it conceivable that I simply create an index_html in the file library using Page Template and dump this
       code into it.
       Here are some good reasons to answer this question:
       a) I did not succeed in saving my Netscape to the site; so I am not learning TAL;
       b) I created a Page Template and dumped the code into it, but got an error. Is that due to the fact than I
       did not use my editor to same the contents or is there another reason? I am not learning TAl.
       c) Importing from 3rd party software is not explained here; you have to go out to different documents then
       come back. You don't learn TAL.
       Tom Snell

      % Anonymous User - Nov. 4, 2003 10:21 am:
       did not use my editor to save the contents