[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.6 Edition)/Installing and Starting Zope

webmaster at zope.org webmaster at zope.org
Thu Apr 1 03:16:09 EST 2004

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/InstallingZope.stx#2-16

---------------

    If you installed Zope to "run manually" (as opposed to installing
    Zope as a "service"), use Windows Explorer to navigate to the
    directory into which you installed the Zope instance (typically
    'c:\Program Files\Zope' or 'c:\Program Files\WebSite').  Within
    this directory, find a file called *start.bat*.  Double-click the
    *start.bat* icon.  A console window will be opened.  It will
    display process startup information.

      % Anonymous User - Mar. 11, 2004 7:21 pm:
       There is no 'start.bat' in the Zope folder.  So how do I restart Zope?

      % Anonymous User - Apr. 1, 2004 3:16 am:
       On Zope 2.7.0 on my Windows XP, the "former" start.bat is now found as "Zope 2.7.0/Run Zope In Console" in
       the list of "All products" from the "Start" button on the task manager. Børge ;)