[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.6 Edition)/Zope Concepts and Architecture

webmaster at zope.org webmaster at zope.org
Sat Apr 24 09:56:32 EDT 2004

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/ZopeArchitecture.stx#2-9

---------------

    Zope consists of several different components that work together
    to help you build web applications.  Zope's fundamental components
    are shown in the figure below, and explained following the figure.

      % Anonymous User - Mar. 24, 2004 5:50 pm:
       The immediate question this portion brings to mind is: when is it necessary, from an engineering standpoint,
       to use a different web server or backend database from the Zope built-ins? I can't imagine it's purely a
       question of preference. A pointer to where this is covered elsewhere would suffice.

      % Anonymous User - Apr. 24, 2004 9:56 am:
       Easily answered. In evaluating the desirability of Zope, the FIRST thing I checked was to ensure that systems
       outside of Zope and on remote hosts could access data shared with Zope. A MySql backend gives me some reason
       to believe this is possible. The next question is the Single-Signon agent that has an Apache plugin. That is
       also apparrently workable.