[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.6 Edition)/Searching and Categorizing Content

webmaster at zope.org webmaster at zope.org
Tue Feb 10 12:43:48 EST 2004

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/SearchingZCatalog.stx#3-10

---------------

      Now we can create an index that will record the information we
      want to have in the ZCatalog.  Click on the *Indexes* tab of the
      ZCatalog.  A drop down menu lists the available indexes.  Choose
      *ZCTextIndex*; in the add form fill in the id *zooTextIdx*.
      Fill in *PrincipiaSearchSource* in the "Field name" input.  This
      tells the ZCTextIndex to index the body text of the DTML
      Documents (*PrincipiaSearchSource* is an API method of all DTML
      Document and Method objects).  Note that *zooLexicon* is
      preselected in the *Lexicon* menu.

        "ZCTextIndex add form":img:16-3:Figures/creatingtextindex.png

        % Anonymous User - Feb. 10, 2004 12:43 pm:
         When you want the textindex to work on other types of objects, they have to provide a method named
         "PrincipiaSearchSource" which returns the data of the object which has to be searched.