[ZDP] BackTalk to Document Zope Developer's Guide (2.4 edition)/Testing and Debugging

webmaster at zope.org webmaster at zope.org
Thu Jan 29 06:25:22 EST 2004

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZDG/current/TestingAndDebugging.stx#4-51

---------------

        ZEO presents some interesting debugging abilities.  ZEO lets
        you debug one ZEO client when other clients continue to server
        requests for your site.  In the above examples, you have to
        shut down Zope to run in the debugger, but with ZEO, you can
        debug a production site while other clients continue to serve
        requests. Using ZEO is beyond the scope of this
        chapter. However, once you have ZEO running, you can debug a
        client process exactly as you debug a single-process Zope.

          % Anonymous User - Jan. 29, 2004 6:25 am:
           I there a way to log which objects where
           written to the ZODB on commit?

           I want to know the objects (oid would be enough) and the
           size of the pickle.