[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.6 Edition)/Installing and Starting Zope

webmaster at zope.org webmaster at zope.org
Thu Mar 18 04:21:54 EST 2004

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/InstallingZope.stx#2-12

---------------

    Zope also has the capability to listen on other TCP ports.  Zope
    supports separate TCP ports for FTP (File Transfer Protocol),
    "monitor" (internal debugging), WebDAV (Web Distributed Authoring
    and Versioning), and ICP (Internet Cache Protocol) access.  If you
    see messages which indicate that Zope is listening on ports other
    than the default 8080 HTTP, don't panic, it's likely normal.

      % Chirael - Mar. 18, 2004 2:56 am:
       In a section titled "Starting Zope", I would expect instructions on how to actually *start Zope*. If it's
       already supposed to be running at this point, it might be nice to be told 1) how to make sure it really is
       already running, and 2) how to start it in case it's not.

      % Chirael - Mar. 18, 2004 4:21 am:
       Ah, I can see now that there _are_ instructions, they're just farther down. The difficulty is that all
       headings on this page are in the same style, so you can't tell what's a sub-heading and what's a new sibling
       heading.