[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.6 Edition)/Extending Zope

webmaster at zope.org webmaster at zope.org
Sat May 22 10:48:15 EDT 2004

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/CustomZopeObjects.stx#2-25

---------------

    Factories create a bridge from the product add list to your
    Product. Give your Factory an id of *myFactory*. In the *Add
    list name* field enter *Hello* and in the *Method* selection,
    choose *hello*. Now click *Generate*. Now click on the new
    Factory and change the *Permission* to *Add Document, Images,
    and Files* and click on *Save Changes*. This tells Zope that you
    must have the *Add Documents, Images, and Files* permission to
    use the Factory.  Congratulations, you've just customized the
    Zope management interface. Go to the root folder and click the
    product add list. Notice that it now includes an entry named
    *Hello*. Choose *Hello* from the product add list. It calls your
    *hello* method.

      % Anonymous User - May 21, 2004 5:01 am:
       "Now click on the new Factory and change the Permission..."
       Change *which* permission?  Zope 2.7.x shows me a mucking great list of possible permissions.

      % Anonymous User - May 22, 2004 10:48 am:
       This is on the Edit tab, not the Define Permissions tab. Confused me too at first. There's a drop down
       labelled "Permission" which you need to change to select "Add Documents, Images, and Files".