[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.6 Edition)/Using Zope Page Templates

webmaster at zope.org webmaster at zope.org
Sun May 23 16:53:30 EDT 2004

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/ZPT.stx#2-56

---------------

    **NOTE: If you're trying to save to Zope via an editor like
    Netscape Composer or Amaya via HTTP 'PUT' (as opposed to FTP or
    DAV), but you're having problems, try saving the file to
    'http://localhost:8080/FileLib/index_html/source.html' instead of
    the URL specified above.  Appending '/source.html' to the Zope
    object name is a "hack" which Page Templates support to get around
    the fact that HTTP PUT attemtpts to *render* the page before doing
    the PUT, but we actually just want to save the unrendered source.
    If you're creating an XML file, the "magic" hackaround name is
    '/source.xml' instead of '/source.html'.**

      % Anonymous User - May 23, 2004 4:53 pm:
       This doesn't sound like a hackaround, but like a security risk to me.. Just like most ZOPE-WebDav's can be
       accessed without credentials (cadaver etc.) revealing the entire tree strutures & more.
       Any insights on this?