[ZDP] BackTalk to Document The Zope Book (2.6 Edition)/Appendix B: API Reference

webmaster at zope.org webmaster at zope.org
Thu May 27 01:04:38 EDT 2004

A comment to the paragraph below was recently added via http://zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/AppendixB.stx#3-556

---------------

      API method for creating a new user object. Note that not all
      user folder implementations support dynamic creation of user
      objects. Implementations that do not support dynamic creation
      of user objects will raise an error for this method.

        % Anonymous User - June 4, 2002 2:09 pm:
         Please document the argument types; for example, roles must be a list
         (e.g., '[Manager]') and not a string.  Zope will accept 'Manager' and
         create a user, but it's an invalid entry--when you click on it, Zope
         gives an error.

         Also, please explain the **kw (keywords) argment.

        % Anonymous User - May 27, 2004 1:04 am:
         I have scoured the net looking for the proper use of userFolderAddUser(). How are Zope users supposed to know
         that the roles and domains arguments are supposed to be a tuple or list? I figured it out by trial and error.
         I even looked at the source code, but still had trouble finding out such basic usage info. The pydoc is no
         better (since its based in source comments).