[Zope-Annce] FYI: Zope Weekly News
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 20:45:03 -0400
It's a busy time for Zope development. This week Zope 2 beta releases 2,
3, and 4 came out in quick succession. Zope 2 is in a feature freeze and
all development effort is focused on finding and fixing bugs.
* Zope 2.0 beta 4 was released. This release fixes quite a few bugs.
* Martijn Pieters posted a good tip on how to perform access control
based on user domains.
* People love to discuss DTML syntax. Most people like the new syntax,
though some folks would like to see minor changes. It was revealed that
the syntax will probably not change, but that there may be another fully
xml-compliant syntax in the future.
* Jonathan Corbet mentioned that a new Linux-oriented Zope-powered
site has appeared.
* Amos Latteier explained how to manually control the Zope ORB's
object traversal process.
* Steve Spicklemire announced a beta 2 release of his Zieve Zope
* Kevin Dangoor announced KM|net News Product. This package provides a
fairly advanced a news system including syndication and voting.
Amos Latteier mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital Creations http://www.digicool.com