[Zope-Annce] FYI: Zope Weekly News
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 18:10:03 -0400
A major thread this week has been documentation. Below are two entries
the current process for addressing Zope documentation needs. The ZDP
community continues to volunteer their efforts and talents to make Zope
the best it can be. Digital Creations will be announcing their efforts
in the documentation area, SOON.
* Brian Lloyd's Zope article at Devshed has continued to generate
an interesting discussion about Zope.
* Paul Everitt posted a note concerning a poll pitting AOLserver, Zope,
Enhydra, and others.
The mailing lists have been quite active, the documentation discussion
has spawn efforts from several directions.
* Bradford Hull experienced extreme frustration with the available
Zope documentation that started a lively discussion. Many community
added their frustrations to the lists and possible solutions.
* Stephan Richter is gathering goal requirements for the Zope
* Brian Lloyd answered an query about "pluggable brains" that added
some light to the possibilities of such "brains".
* A.M. Kuchling released an alpha version of the product that lets you
through RDF dumps from the Open Directory Project.
* Alexander Staubo published a Guest Counter product whose class
count the number of "guests" to a web site.
* Phil Harris announced ZMySQLDA for Win32.
* Paul Everitt shared his results with running Zope from a CD-ROM.
Until next week...
Technical Writer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital Creations http://www.digicool.com